Lichfield needs a leisure centre
Keep Friary Grange open!
Lichfield District Council is planning to close the Friary Grange Leisure Centre.
This will negatively affect the lives of thousands of local people who won’t have affordable access to sport and leisure facilities.
Lichfield District Council have stated that keeping the leisure centre operating is not a good use of taxpayers money. In a country and city facing an obesity crisis, we disagree.
The closure of Lichfield’s last leisure centre will have a long term detrimental effect on local health, remove sport and leisure facilities to a wide range of clubs and associations (some of which have been running for over 50 years), increase burden on the NHS and put more pressure on local support services.
We must keep the leisure centre and pool open, to create an affordable and inclusive leisure facility for all Lichfield residents, and to develop future Staffordshire sporting talent.
Help your community by signing the petition today!
How You Can Help
- Contact to your local councillors – they make the decision!
- Share the petition with everyone you know
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Volunteer your skills
- Share your #MyFriaryGrange story
- Put our poster in your window
- Get your offline friends to sign by using our paper petition
- Print and distribute our kids’ poster campaign flyer.