Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the organisation, Friends of Friary Grange Leisure Centre.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
(a) Lawfulness, fairness and transparency,
(b) Purpose limitation,
(c) Data minimisation,
(e) Storage limitation,
(f) Integrity and confidence,
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are a not-for-profit processing your information only to administer volunteer activities.
Lawful basis: Consent
Where our purpose for processing is: Maintaining your support.
Which is necessary because: We can contact you about volunteering opportunities.
We process your information in the following ways: We will add your e-mail address to a list of volunteer contacts.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.